ADMISSION TO FELLOWSHIP IN COSMETOLOGY COURSE
in Stanley Medical College,Chennai ,Tamilnadu.
Websites: 1. www.tnhealth.org
COST INR 5000/-
AT A GLANCE
Date of Notification : 20.08.2016
Commencement for downloading : 20.08.2016
Last date for downloading : 26 .08.2016, 5.00 pm
Last date for receipt of application : 27 .08.2016, 5.00 pm
Entrance Examination : 04.09.2016- 10.00 am to 12.00 noon
Expected date for declaration of result : within a week.
Allotment of seats by personal appearance : September 2016
Last date of admission : The time as mentioned in the allotment order of the candidate
The results will be available on the websites 1) www.tnhealth.org, 2) www.tn.gov.in.
Filled application along with necessary enclosures and 3 self addressed envelopes 23 X 10 cms to be sent to the Secretary, Selection Committee, Kilpauk, Chennai-10 before the last date i.e. 27.08.2016 along with a Demand Draft for 5000/- towards the cost of application form drawn in favour of The Dean/ Professor, Fellowship in Cosmetology, SMC payable at Chennai.
Applications without the Demand Draft will not be accepted. The name of the candidate and the name of the course (FELLOWSHIP IN COSMETOLOGY) should be written on the reverse of the Demand Draft.
Candidates should send the application with all enclosures in an A4 size cloth lined cover. The template with requisite details available for download should be printed and pasted on the cover.
Candidates are requested to paste their photograph on the Hall Ticket. (The photograph must be an identical copy of the one pasted on the Application)
The candidates who have been selected through Medical Services Recruitment Board will not be eligible to apply for two years from the date of appointment.
The candidates who have been selected by TNPSC/ MRB through competitive written examination and have completed two years of continuous service in Tamil Nadu Medical Service will be considered as service candidates
Bonafide certificates will not be accepted during the last phase of counselling.
1 (a) Candidates seeking admission to Fellowship in Cosmetology course should submit the application form with necessary enclosures which should reach
162, E.V.R. PERIYAR SALAI,
KILPAUK, CHENNAI ¡V 600 010.
on or before 27.08.2016 by 5.00 p.m.
(b) The candidates shall ensure that the completed application form with all particulars and enclosures reaches the Selection Committee within the date and time specified. Applications received by Speed post / courier or any other means, after the last date & time will not be accepted.
(c) The Selection Committee shall not be responsible for any delay in the receipt or for the loss in transit of application form.
(d) Non-Service Candidates should send their applications directly to the Secretary, Selection Committee at the above address.
(e) Service Candidates including 10 a (i) / Contract Medical Consultants should get their applications forwarded only through the proper channel with the remarks of the forwarding authorities in the format prescribed in the application form. If not, the applications will be summarily rejected.
(f) Advance copies from service candidates will not be accepted.
(g) No oral enquiry would be entertained.
(h) Photocopy / Fax copy of the application will not be accepted.
2. (a) Candidates should be Citizen of India
(b) Candidates of other states are not eligible to apply
(c) candidates should have undergone MBBS & Post Graduate/ Diploma course in the State of Tamil Nadu.
(d) However candidates from other states who had studied in Tamil Nadu are eligible to apply provided they do not claim nativity in their state and give an undertaking to that effect.
(e) Candidates of Tamil Nadu Nativity who have completed MBBS in other States should furnish a Certificate of Nativity in Tamil Nadu issued by the competent authority only in the specified format in Annexure III and supported by a copy of Passport / Ration Card / Voter¡¦s ID / Driving License / Permanent Medical Registration Certificate. If the copy of the supporting document is not produced, then the application form will be rejected. Nativity Certificate submitted later will be summarily rejected.
(f) Permanent residence certificate will not be accepted
3. Candidates who have passed their M.D (Dermatology)/ M.D. (Dermatology, Venereology & Leprosy) degree or Diploma in Dermatology/ Diploma in Dermatology, Venereology & Leprosy) Examination and completed on or before 31-06-2016 are eligible to write the Entrance Examination. However the candidates should possess the permanent Medical Council Registration Certificates of the State or of India at the time of counselling for allotment of seats.
4. Candidates should possess M.D (Dermatology)/ M.D. (Dermatology, Venereology & Leprosy) degree or Diploma in Dermatology/ Diploma in Dermatology, Venereology & Leprosy) of Tamil Nadu Dr. MGR Medical University or of any other University recognized as equivalent to Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University and recognized by the Medical Council of India. Candidates who have qualified from other Universities should produce ELIGIBILITY CERTIFICATE from Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University, Guindy, Chennai 600032 at the time of counselling failing which they will not be considered for selection.
5. The duration of the Fellowship Course is one year.
6. (i) Candidates who join the fellowship course and discontinue the course on any grounds after the cutoff date
(ii) The candidates who take an allotment for the fellowship course in the counselling and not join the course on or before the cutoff date
(i) & (ii) are not eligible to apply for 2 years from the date of appearance for the Entrance Examination.
7. Candidates who are undergoing a Postgraduate Degree / Diploma are not eligible to apply for the fellowship Course.
8.(a) The Following categories of Medical Officers will be treated as Service Candidates for the purpose of allotment of seats
(b) Medical Officers selected by the TNPSC/MRB through Competitive written examination and appointed in Tamil Nadu Medical Services with minimum of Two Years continuous service as on 31.06.2016.
2. Medical Officers serving (continuously for two years) in Local Bodies in Tamil Nadu
(b) Those Service candidates selected by TNPSC/MRB (through Competitive written examination) who have put in LESS THAN TWO Years of continuous service as on 31.06.2016 either in Tamil Nadu Medical Service or in Local Bodies are not eligible to apply for the fellowship course. Fractional values of a year will not be counted.
(c) 10 a (i) candidates / Contract Medical Consultants not selected by TNPSC/MRB will not be considered as Service candidates. If selected for the fellowship course they have to submit their resignation. They will be considered as Service candidates if they have been selected by TNPSC/MRB (through competitive written examination) at the time of counselling and have completed TWO years of service.
If any Medical Officer including 10 a (i) candidates / Contract Medical Consultants after selection by TNPSC/MRB (through competitive written examination) apply as Private candidates suppressing the fact of their selection, they will be debarred for TWO years. Further appropriate legal action will be taken against them.
(d) Candidates working in Institutions coming under ¡§Registered Societies Act¡¨ and Self Financing institutions shall be considered as Non service candidates.
(e) The period of service as Contract Medical Consultants will not be treated as regular service.
(f) The candidates who have been selected through Medical Services Recruitment Board (MRB) through competitive written examination will not be eligible to apply for two years from the date of the appointment.
PROCEDURE FOR FILLING THE APPLICATION:
09. The Application form is to be downloaded from (http:www.tnhealth.org / www.tn.gov.in). and the filled in application form has to be sent to The Secretary, Selection Committee, Kilpauk, Chennai ¡V 10. Applications with incomplete or insufficient particulars or without enclosures or those received after the last date mentioned will be summarily rejected ( without any intimation to the candidates).
10. The Government Orders issued and to be issued from time to time pertaining to any of the matters contained in the prospectus should be read as part and parcel of this prospectus and such terms and conditions in the Government Order are deemed to have been incorporated in this prospectus
11. (a) Candidates should send the applications in the prescribed form only.
(b) Recent identical passport size photographs should be affixed to the application form, identification cum attendance slip and the entrance exam hall ticket in triplicate as instructed. The Photograph must be taken as shown in the Instructions (Annexure II).
12. Service candidates including 10 a (i) candidates/ Contract Medical Consultants working in Tamil Nadu Government Medical Institutions should send their applications through the proper channel with the forwarding authority¡¦s remarks and the service particulars carefully filled up by the forwarding authority as prescribed in the application form. Applications of the candidates who have completed two years of continuous regular service alone will be considered as Service candidates.
Forwarding of application of 10(a)(i) candidates through proper channel will not confer any right as Service candidates and they will be treated as Non-service candidates.
The Heads of Departments have to issue a Certificate of completion of the required service. The applications should reach within the stipulated time. Applications received after the last date will not be accepted irrespective of the date of submission and date of forwarding by the competent authority.
13. Candidates must enclose only the Photocopies Self attested documents in the order as indicated below:
(a) MBBS Degree certificate from the University concerned.
(b) Attempt certificate of M.D/ Diploma final year examination
(c) M.D/ Diploma certificate or provisional pass certificate from the University concerned.
(d) Permanent Medical Registration certificate issued by the Medical Council of India / State.
(e) Attempt certificate of the qualifying final year MD/DIPLOMAExamination from the Head of the parent institution
(f) Eligibility certificate from Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University for candidates who have qualified from other Universities. This should be produced at the time of counselling when called for.
(g) HSC / Equivalent Examination Mark Sheet.
(h) TNPSC/MRB (through competitive written examination) Selection & Posting Order (For Service Candidates.)
(i) Nativity certificate (if applicable) with supportive documents.
(j) Posting order from appropriate authority for 10 a (i) / Contract Medical Consultants.
14. It shall be the responsibility of the candidate to give the correct mailing address on the main application form/ 3 envelopes 23 X 10 cms (For Hall ticket and Call Letters). If there is any change of address it should be intimated immediately to the Selection Committee in writing.
15. The Selection Committee shall not be held responsible for any loss in transit or for incorrect address given by the candidate.
16. Filled up applications without the signature of the candidates will be rejected.
CONDUCT OF EXAMINATIONS:
17. The Entrance Examination will be conducted as scheduled below :
FELLOWSHIP IN COSMETOLOGY ENTRANCE EXAMINATION : on 04.09.2016
Between 10.00 A.M and 12.00.noon. The exact venue will be mentioned in the Hall ticket.
18. Admission to the Entrance Examination and Counselling does not confer on the candidate the right of admission to any course if found to be ineligible later.
19.(a) Hall tickets will be sent to the candidates either by post or email prior to the commencement of the entrance examination. However admission to Entrance Examination does not confer on the candidate the right of admission to the course if the candidate is found to be ineligible later
(b) Candidates are requested to paste their photograph on the Hall tickets which is to be attested by a Gazetted Officer. (The photograph must be an identical copy of the one pasted on the Application.
(c) Candidates admitted for the Entrance Examination will have to come to the Examination Centre at their own expense and make their own arrangements for stay.
20. Only candidates with Hall Ticket will be allowed to enter the Examination Hall.
21. (a) Candidates are instructed to be present at 9.30 a.m. in the Examination Centre. They are required to be seated in their respective seats 15 minutes before the commencement of examination and to fill up the 1st page of Question Booklet. Question Booklets should not be opened by the candidates before 10.00 A.M.
(b) Candidates coming 30 minutes after the commencement of the Examination will not be permitted to appear for the Examination.
22. No candidate will be allowed to carry any text material printed or written, bits of paper, electronic and telecommunication devices of any kind inside the Hall.
23. No candidate will be allowed to leave the hall before the END of the examination.
24. Candidates shall maintain strict silence. Any misconduct will entail forfeiture of the right to continue the Examination. His / Her Answer Sheet will not be considered for valuation. Further he / she will not be allowed to apply for the Fellowship Courses for Two Years.
25. Answers should be shaded with a Ball Point Pen in the OMR answer sheet as per the instructions given and if it is shaded with any other item the answer sheets will not be considered for valuation without any intimation to the candidate. The ball point pen will be provided in the examination hall.
SCHEME OF ENTRANCE EXAMINATION :
26. Candidates seeking admission should write the Tamil Nadu Fellowship in Cosmetology Entrance Examination conducted by the Selection Committee in that academic year only.
27. The Entrance Examination will be of the postgraduate level and will contain 120 objective type questions each with four responses (A B C D) in English. Number of questions in each subject is as shown in the Annexure I
28. Each question will carry 1 (one) Mark. There will be NO NEGATIVE MARK for incorrect responses. Zero mark will be given for questions not answered. When more than one answer is indicated or when it is illegible, no mark will be awarded for that question. The Maximum marks will be computed to 100.
29. Candidates will not be allowed to take back the Question Booklet and a request for provision of Photocopies of the question booklet, answer sheet or answer key will not be entertained.
DECLARATION OF RESULTS:
30. The individual Entrance Examination Marks for 100 will be displayed on the websites (http:www.tnhealth.org / www.tn.gov.in).
31. The Secretary, Selection Committee will publish the Merit List on the websites http://www.tnhealth.org. / www.tn.gov.in
32. The candidates will be called for counselling as per their merit and they may exercise their option as per their eligibility norms mentioned in the Prospectus.
33. There will be NO Rechecking / Revaluation / Retotalling of answer sheets. Answer keys will not be provided.
34. The Merit List will be drawn for a Total Mark of 100 by computing the Entrance Examination Marks
35. DETERMINATION OF INTER-SE MERIT OF CANDIDATES WHERE MORE THAN ONE CANDIDATE HAS SECURED THE SAME MARKS.
The ranks of such candidates will be based on the following criteria in the order of preference given below:-
(a) Marks obtained in the entrance examination
(b) Least no.of appearances in the qualifying final year MD/Diploma Examination
(c) Seniority in age will be given preference.
COUNSELLING PROCEDURE :
36. a) Admission to the Fellowship in Cosmetology course, shall be made by counselling on the basis of merit.
(b) Candidates will be called for counselling according to their ranks.
(c) If they do not attend the first phase of counselling they will not be eligible to attend subsequent phases of counselling.
(d) Candidates selected for admission should give a declaration in the form given at the time of Counselling that he / she is liable for forfeiture of selection / admission if suppression of facts are found at any time during or after the admission to the course.
The selection / admission shall be liable for cancellation based on the declaration at any time during or after the admission to the course. Further he / she will not be allowed to apply for the Fellowship in Cosmetology Course for two years.
37. (a) Strict discipline should be maintained by the candidates for smooth conduct of counselling. If the candidates are found to indulge in any untoward activities, they will be debarred from the counselling and selection for the present and subsequent sessions.
(b) Candidates securing less than 50% of entrance examinationmarks will not be considered for Counselling.
(c ) The candidates appearing for allottment by personal appearance should bring the documents enclosed along with application in original. In any case candidates without original certificates / documents,shall not be allowed to participate in the counselling. Candidates who have deposited their original documents to Institutions / Universities and come for counselling with a certificate stating that ¡§ their original certificates are submitted to the institution/ University¡¨ will NOT be allowed to participate in the counselling.
38. Any change or modification and relevant information pertaining to this admission process will be made available immediately on the website. (www.tnhealth.org / www.tn.gov.in.) The candidates are instructed to visit the websites from the date of application till the end of counselling without fail. Do not wait for counselling information to be received by post. All information including the date of counselling will be put up in the website. Candidates will be permitted for counselling accordingly.
39. Unauthorised absence of candidates for one month and more after joining the course will be treated as discontinued¡¦ and the vacancy will be filled up by the Selection Committee depending on the availability of time before the cutoff date.
40. All candidates attending the counselling for fellowship in Cosmetology Course will have to remit a non- refundable amount of 500/- by means of Demand Draft drawn in favour of the Secretary, Selection Committee as processing fee.
The candidates who are selected at the time of counselling shall pay the fees in total as prescribed in clause 44 by way of Demand Draft drawn in favour of the The Dean/ Professor, Fellowship in Cosmetology, SMC payable at Chennai at the time of collecting the allotment order. The Course Fee is not refundable (even if the candidate does not join after collecting the allotment order or submitting the joining report during counselling or discontinues the course).
41. The Candidates who discontinue the course after the last date of allotment of seats in final phase of the Counselling shall pay the Discontinuation Fees to the the sum as specified below in total by the way of Demand Draft drawn in favour of The Secretary, Selection Committee, Kilpauk, Chennai payable at Chennai
For Fellowship in Cosmetology Course 5 lakhs
Unless the penalty amount is paid in total, the candidates will not be relieved.
42. The admissions to the Fellowship Course for 2016-2017 will close on the cutoff date of admission (i.e. on 30-09-2016) as per the Guidelines issued by the Tamil Nadu Dr.M.G.R. Medical University, Chennai ¡V 32.
METHOD OF SELECTION AND ADMISSION:
43. a) The selection will be made by counseling based on merit only and no communal reservation wil be followed. Out of the total number of 4 seats sanctioned for the Fellowship in Cosmetology Course 50% of the total permitted seats are offered to service candidates, 50% of the seats will be allotted to non-service candidates during the first phase of counseling.
b) If there are no non-service candidates opting for the course the same will be allotted to service candidates.
c) If there are no service candidates opting for the course the same will be allotted to non-service candidates even from the service quota seats.
44. TOTAL FEES PAYABLE :
Department Library Fees
The above fee structure is applicable for 2016-17 admissions and the above fees is non refundable
STIPEND AND SECURITY AMOUNT:
45. (a) All selected candidates (both service and non-service) will not be paid stipend.
46. HEPATITIS B VACCINATION
Candidates selected for admission for this course should take Hepatitis B vaccination and submit a medical certificate as a proof thereof to the Head of the Institution at the time of admission . The Head of the Institution should not admit any candidate without the medical certificate and also ensure that the candidate is periodically vaccinated during the course of the study ANNEXURE IV
a. All communications to the candidates will be available only in the websites for downloading by the eligible candidates.
b. All communications to the candidates will be sent to the candidates only through email given by the candidate at the time of application.
c. The candidates should inform the change of address, change of postings, etc. immediately to the selection committee. If the change of address is not intimated toi the Selection Committee in time, the committee will not be responsible for delay in communication. The results will be published on the Websites www.tnhealth.org / www.tn.gov.in. The counseling schedule will be available in the above websites
48. The candidates who join the Course should not indulge in any kind of agitation/ strike/ragging activity inside /outside the college campus during the course of study. Candidates found to take part in any such activities mentioned above will be expelled from the course/college, at any part of the course of study and criminal action will be taken against them.
49. Any candidate appearing for the Entrance Examination is deemed to have read the contents in this Prospectus and agrees with all the conditions and clauses and will not have the right to challenge any of the Regulations after appearing for the Entrance Examination.
DIRECTOR OF MEDICAL EDUCATION.
SUBJECT WISE BREAK UP OF QUESTIONS FOR THE ENTRANCE EXAMINATION
Fellowship in Cosmetology
NO OF QUESTIONS
Recent Advances in Cosmetology
Grand Total 120
INSTRUCTIONS FOR PHOTOGRAPHS
1. Six recent identical passport size photographs with light background are required.
2. Polaroid photographs are NOT acceptable.
3. Photographs must be snapped on or after 1st August, 2016.
4. Photographs must be taken with a placard indicating name of candidate (as in the application) and date of taking photograph.
5. In case the name and date are written on the photograph after taking it, the application will be rejected.
6. The name and date on the photograph must be clear and legible.
7. Photograph should NOT have cap and goggles. Spectacles are allowed.
8. One photograph each should be pasted ( NOT STAPLED ) on
„h Application Form
„h Identification cum attendance slip.
„h Hall Ticket- Three Photographs
9. Applications not complying with these instructions or with unclear photographs
will be rejected.
10. Keep a few identical photographs in reserve for use at the time of Entrance
Examination / Admission.
Note: If the photograph is not a recent one taken at the time of submitting the application, the Application will be rejected.
(B) INSTRUCTIONS FOR NATIVITY CERTIFICATE :
1. This Certificate should be issued by an officer of the Revenue Department not below the rank of Tahsildar in the Taluk concerned.
2. This Certificate should not be issued by the Special Tahsildars, Deputy Tahsildars such as
Loans, Land Acquisition, Election, Excise and HQs, Deputy Tahsildars, Special Deputy Collectors, Assistant Commissioner of Agricultural Income, Excise, Elections etc.
3. This Certificate should be signed also by the Village Administrative Officer.
4. The Certificate should bear the stamp of the office of the Officer signing the Certificate.
5. Any foreign national irrespective of the period of study in the State will not become eligible
to apply for this course. No certificate of Nativity in the State of Tamil Nadu, should
therefore be issued to Nationals of other countries for this purpose.
6. The certifying officers should insist upon clear proof of the Nativity of the Parent or Guardian of the candidate and satisfy themselves on the genuineness of the residential qualification.
They should be particularly careful in the case of candidates whose mother tongue is not Tamil and whose place of birth is other than Tamil Nadu and who have studied MBBS and Diploma/Postgraduate degree outside Tamil Nadu.
7. Residence Certificate will not be considered as Nativity Certificate.
8. The guidelines prescribed for the issue of Nativity Certificate and they are as follows as per Letter No.RA.V(B)16932/2000, dated 3-4-2000 of the Special Commissioner and Commissioner of Revenue Administration, Chepauk, Chennai-5.
(i) The parents/guardians of the applicants/students or the applicants themselves
should have permanently resided continuously for a period of five years in Tamil Nadu.
(ii) Permanently residing for a period of five years should be supported by documentary evidence.
(iii) The family ration card, Electoral Roll, Census List if taken recently, documents like sale deed, tax receipt etc. relating to the property owned by either of the parents or by the applicant may be verified.
(iv) The Transfer Certificate issued by the School authorities where the applicant had studied last may be verified to know whether he was in the state for five years.
(v) Enquiry in the village / place of residence of the neighbour / Village Administrative Officers regarding continuous residing.
(vi) To ensure that wrong or incorrect address had not been furnished to obtain the certificate.
(vii) The birth place, place of residence of the parent / father, permanent assets, mother tongue, place of education, place of marriage of the applicant / parents, the period of stay in and outside Tamil Nadu can also be considered before issuing certificate.
MEDICAL CERTIFICATE FOR ADMINISTRATION OF HEPATITIS-B VACCINATION
I, Dr. ___________________________ Registration No. _______ certify that I have this
_____ day of _____ 2016 administered the Hepatitis-B Vaccine to the candidate whose
particulars are given below :
1. Name of the Candidate :
2. Father¡¦s Name :
3. Sex :
4. Age :
5. Identification marks :
6. Dose I/II/III :
Signature of the Applicant : Signature of Medical Officer :
Name and Designation :
DATE : Officer Seal :
PRE – DESPATCH CHECK LIST- FOR THE USE OF THE APPLICANT
It is the candidate’s own responsibility to exercise suitable checks and ensure that his / her
application is correct and complete in all respects. As a facility for a further check, a list of tasks are given below. Against each task-description, the candidate should put a tick mark (¡Ô) or write “N.A.” to indicate that the task has been done or is Not Applicable to him / her.
Filled in Application along with Service Proforma ( If applicable )
Mark sheet of H.S.C. and X Standard Examination .
Attempt certificate of the qualifying final year MD/DIPLOMAExamination from the Head of the parent institution
MBBS & MD/Diploma Degree / Provisional Pass Certificate issued by the University.
Permanent Medical Council Registration Certificate.
Nativity certificate with supporting documents (if applicable)
Certificate of satisfactory completion of two years bond period for TNPSC /MRB/ 10 a (i) / Contract Medical Consultants
TNPSC /MRB/ 10 a (i) / Contract Medical Consultants Posting Order
Eligibility Certificate from the TN Dr MGR Medical University if applicable for candidates qualified from other than TN Dr MGR Medical University( only at the time of counseling).
MISCELLANEOUS-Not to be stitched
Three self addressed envelopes ( 23 X 10 cms)
Hall Ticket in triplicate with Photographs attested
Demand draft for Rs. 5000 (Rupees Five thousand only) drawn in favour of The Dean/ Professor, Fellowship in Cosmetology, SMC payable at Chennai.
Date: Signature of the Applicant
Note: This form should be submitted along with the filled in application
FOR more details log onto www.tnhealth.org